DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Voigtlaender color scopar classic f25 35mm

• Thread starter stefan_shanghai
  • Start date
S

stefan_shanghai

Hi there,
I was asked to tell about my experience with the small 35 lens from voigtlaender (color scopar classic). I bought that in January and have been using it alot since.

The lense is small and very light. The srcew mount can be easily adapted to a leica M body. It has a small knob to focus which looks a bit different from the leica ones. I found it very handy but it can become a problem when you use a tripod because it's very close to the camera body.

The results have so far been excellent. Contrasts and colors are brilliant and I don't regret buying this new lense instead of a used 'cron 35mm. The metal lens cab gets scratchy after a while but I like the look of that anyway. The lense in general seems to be quite solid, though.

The lense comes with a small "sun shade ring" to be screwed on top of the lense. This is not enough when you have bright light conditions as I find here in China. I will therefore try to buy a rectangled, bigger hood which is offered by voigtlaender (LH2).

I hope this helps. Sorry I cannot tell anything about the "physics" of the camera and I didn't read any tests. I am just not on the "technical" side.
However, I think the lense is an excellent alternative to the much more expensive leica lenses. I also like the look and feel of it. It's all well made. Nevertheless, I am still purchasing leica lenses of course, just to make sure leica survives :)

cheers, stefan

Stefan I agree with your perception of this lens. I have the pancake version of the lens with a knurled focus ring instead of the knob or tab. Mine is optically identical to yours.

I find it very sharp with excellent color rendition and a pleasing out-of-focus look. And I love the short throw from close-up to infinity! An excellent lens!!

Back