DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

The Lone Tree

lordmint

I haven't figured out the final title for this shot yet.. this is one of the shots that i have mentally visualized to shoot for so long, and luckily i've managed to find a spot to realize it.

5400842110_838a07b321_z.jpg

Straits of Malacca coastline, Malaysia, Jan 2011

Hasselblad 553ELX, CZ 120 makro planar
Fuji Acros 100, Hc110 Dil E (1:47) 7mins @ 20C

Now that's a fantastic shot. Love the long exposure effect on the sky and foreground, and tree does seem nicely exposed. It just works nicely for me.

I agree with all the comments above. Fantastic smoothness and control of contrast. Make a great wall hanger.

I agree with all the comments above. Fantastic smoothness and control of contrast. Make a great wall hanger.

+1
Me as well!! Very nice and fantastic Photo. But I am a bit curious and it is about this 120 Macro Planar used for the shot. What I heard about this lens is, it is only good for Close-up photography, and not for portraits and Landscapes. But this is a stunning shot.

Back