DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

SD10 with problems

orwal

Please be undrstanding with me this is my first post. I just purchased an excellent SD10 which looks like new but I've got major problems as follows:

The battery light starts blinking after three or four shots and I can't take any pictures. I've tried various AA batteries without success. Plus the viewer screen is blank and doesnt show the subject. The menu appears fine but the viewer doesn't function. Hopefully somebody has had similar experiences with solutions. Thank you.

Plus I am seeking a SAC-1 or replacement.

Orwal...the SD10 does not have LiveView...so you have to look thru the focusing screen...thru the lens...the Sd10 is not good on Batteries...I had to use the Lithium ones for mine...and then bought some rechargeable...that are 2500Mah...to keep the camera going...regular batteries you get about 20 shots out of...also you can only shoot one shot at a time...the read/write times to the CF cards is really slow...somewhere around 1 to 2 MB at tops...

Good Luck....Tony C. :z04_cowboy:

Tony C

Thanks very much. So I won't see the picture on the screen but only through the eye piece while shooting. The LCD screen on the back kis only fo viewing the finished picture? I've found some high capacity AA rechargables from Sanyo that I just ordered should help keep the camera going. I can't believe how difficult it is to shoot pictures with this camera. No how difficult it is to simply operate it. Thanks or your effort the lighjt is finally coming though and I'm beginning to see it is the batteries not thye camera. One final question I've read that 2 GB is the top capacity compact flash memory card that can be used?

Orwal

Orwal...your right..your SD10 will only format 2gig cards....however if you take a 4gig card...and format it Fat16...the SD10 should see it...you cannot format the card in the camera...you just format it on your computer and then use it....this does not work on 8gig or higher since most of these cards are UMDA...

I would stick to the 2gig cards...you will get plenty of shots from it...since the Sd10 is only 3.4MP and the biggest raw file is around 4mb to 5mb....

Have fun with it...remember this camera was introduced in 2003 and discontinued in 2005 or 2006 I think...so be patent with it...read the BBS boards and do your google searches on it...so you know it's quarks...great camera though...and still produces some great images....

Taken with SD10 and 20-40 f2.8 about 4 years ago...

View attachment 2258

Tony C. :z04_cowboy:

Attachments

• 1-Raja.jpg
    EXIF
    1-Raja.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 8
Thanks again

Tony,

Can't thank you enough. I just found a used SAC-1 AC power connection and a Sigma flash so with your information I should be fine. Thanks again I'll give you an update as I dive into my SD10.

Orwal

I've found some high capacity AA rechargables from Sanyo that I just ordered should help keep the camera going. I can't believe how difficult it is to shoot pictures with this camera.

Orwal
I bought some Sanyo 2700 mAh for my SD9 and they are working very well with the newly acquired SD10 replacement.

You'll get used to shooting with these early Sigma cameras and you will be rewarded with some excellent results once you get the hang of it.

Good luck,

Ted

Back