DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

What about 3rd party lenses for Nikon

G

Can I discuss 3rd party lenses made for Nikon on this forum? Like Sigma for ex&le?

-Sachin

I'm not one of the bosses here, but I can't see why not. As I see it, Tokina, Kenko, Tamron and even Sigma [G] are all part of the Nikon world.

I have 3 Tokina ATX AF "fast" lenses in amongst the 10 or 12 Nikkors I have.

They are the best AF lenses I have used on MF bodies as they have a clutch you engage to "convert" them from AF to MF and you get a great feel, like a manual lens, when you focus.

...of course...
happy.gif

> Find a venerable MF Kiron 105mm f2.8 Macro, be very very impressed - for very little. 1:1 without extension, built in lens hood and top quality pics, worth searching Ebay for!

I have 5 Tokina and 3 Sigma lenses and have owned others in the past.
the two ATX AF lenses the 28-70 and the 80-200 both f2.8s.
I have owned these for over ten years and they still turn out tack sharp images.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend these lenses to anyone on a tight or limited budget.

Back