DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

new large format stitching camera feedback

jonathan2

Hello

I'm a Sigma SD14 owner and user. Over the last year, I've developed a large format stitching camera which is currently fitted with a Sigma SA lens mount. I felt with the Sigma's image quality it would be the perfect candidate for stitching high resolution images. I want to get some feedback and assess possible interest in the camera before I take it into production. I can't write a link within my first few posts on this site but as soon as I can I'll give the address, I would very much like to hear everyone's thoughts on the possibilities and whether such a camera would be of interest to anyone.

Kind regards

Jonathan

I would be interested in hearing more about it...are you using the Foveon sensor to...??

Hello tc95

it's basically a large format with XY movements on the rear standard that allow the repositioning of a capture device across a large format lens image circle. The prototype is fitted with a Sigma SA lens mount so it accepts my SD14. I should hopefully be able to post a link to the site soon and it should make things clearer.

Thanks for your interest.

Jonathan

Nice...good luck with it....I would like to see some of the images produced...

Tony C...:z04_cowboy:

Hi Tony and all

there is now a sample image on the website, you might find it interesting to see what a 50 mp Fovean image looks like. The image can be downloaded as a full resolution tif. at the bottom of the website but it is very large.

kind regards

Jonathan

Back