DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

CLA for SRT 101

G

SRT 101 ----I'm new to the site, so please bear with me. I was recently given an SRT 101 and need info on where I can have it inspected and repaired, if necessary. It looks like brand new, but I want to have it checked, meter calibrated, etc. before running film through it. I somehow have the distinct feeling that no matter what the problem, if there is even a problem, will result in about $120 - $150 repair bill. Hope you can advise me where to look for reasonable costs and good service.

Thanks,
Bernardi

Hi Bernard,

I would contact Minolta directly. They can give you a judgement about the costs. I just opened this new thraed for you and moved your message here, since we had no SRT 101 thread before.

Maybe someone else had a similar problem with his one and can help you...

Dirk

And here is a picture for the ones (incl. me) who did not know this model yet:

2619.jpg

Dirk

Hi Bernard, have you had the SRT checked out yet? This was a groundbreaking camera when it was introduced with CLC metering at wide-open aperture. I bought one in 1969 soon after it was available here, in Singapore and it is still in my keeping.
BTW, the photo Dirk has so kindly posted is of a later model. The earlier versions had a black shutter dial, with finer vertical friction grooves.
TH

For repairs on Minolta cameras contact John Titterington at:JTCamera@aol.com.I have used his services and he does great work at a reasonable price.I own srT-101 and XE-7.Jim.

Hello to all,
I am also new and would like some input on a srt 201. I here alot about the srt 101 but not so much on the 201. Why is that?

Minolta released many models in the SR T range.

The SR T 101 was the most produced and marketed, the other models were "improvements" and marketing specials.

The numbers can be 100 to 303 and almost any combination inbetween, including some models with only letters, such as SC.

They are all great cameras, but features and benefits vary between models, and some cameras with the same model numbers sometimes have different features.

Are you looking at an SR T 201 to purchase?

Love and hugs,

Peter Blaise Monahon - peterblaise@yahoo.com http://groups.yahoo.com/group/minoltaphotostudentsandteachers/ http://www.geocities.com/peterblaise/minoltamf/

Bernardi,
I used to be a camera repairman. Do a minor check on the shutter by opening the back and run the shutter through each speed while looking at a white object through the back of the camera. It should not stick, and should show the different speeds. Your meter if set at asa 100-125 should show an aprox. shutter speed of 1/125 sec @ f16, on a bright sunny day. If that all checks out, take the lens off and check the diaphragm by flipping the small rod sticking out the back. The diaph. should open and close quickly with no sticking. If all of the above works, it should give you good results, and the best thing you can do is run a test roll of film through it. You'll have to do it sooner or later anyway.
OldPilot

hi all, i'm a college student at Central Washington University and i'm taking a photography class this coming quarter. my grandfather gave me his Minolta srt 101 so i wouldnt have to buy a new camera that i dont have the money for. unfortunatly he didnt have the manual for it. i was wondering/hoping someone out there might have it and be able to scan it and email it to me. thanks a bunch :)
jo
ayresj@cwu.edu

Back