DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Mononchrome and "Zebras" in view finder?

PentUp

I keep reading in other fora how critical it is to be able to see the "Zebra" in your view finder, and that also sometimes zebras dont help with B&W photography... I dunno? I'm just an amature with a mere optical view finder ... but I do sometimes see Zebras in my OVF... so maybe they are not only viewable in EVFs... ?? Who knew? Anyway, having a Zebra and friends in the OFV didn't seem to hinder the photographer or his ability to convert to B&W :geek:

ZebBW.jpg

That's clearly the *best* way to see zebras in a viewfinder. :)

Say, any chance you can post the color version?
I enjoy torturing myself trying to decide if I prefer mono or color. Almost a 50 year debate. Hopeless. Still.....

That's clearly the *best* way to see zebras in a viewfinder. :)

Say, any chance you can post the color version?
Sure :D
RBO3.jpg

x1 adult and x2 juvenile Red-billed Ox-Peckers doing their civic duty for a Burchells's Zebra.
K5II & Sigma 50-500mm DG OS HSM (at 500mm)

like them both PU but prefer the coloured one especially for birds
I agree, it was all just a bit of a lark... but actual zebras in B&W do turn out well ... I will try to dig up some for converion (when the mood strikes me) :)
In the meantime ...
Red-Billed Oxpecker.jpg

Back