CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

RTW winder

E

eugenio

A question about the RTW winder for RTS 1, the first version without vertical grip. On the base of it, laterally, at the right facing the camera, there is a small pushbutton, approx. 5mm diameter. What is it's function? Perhaps it's the batt. compartment opening? I usually open the battery compartment without pushing it, and it seems to me that, pushing or not pushing, anything changes. I'm sure a RTW-RTS user would give me some light about this, any info appreciated a lot. Thank you
Tom

O

ou1954

Posted by Tom (Eugenio) on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 5:35 pm:

A question about the RTW winder for RTS 1, the first version without vertical grip. On the base of it, laterally, at the right facing the camera, there is a small pushbutton, approx. 5mm diameter. What is it's function? Perhaps it's the batt. compartment opening? I usually open the battery compartment without pushing it, and it seems to me that, pushing or not pushing, anything changes. I'm sure a RTW-RTS user would give me some light about this, any info appreciated a lot. Thank you Tom

============

I believe it's the release button for the battery compartment if it's on the end of the winder. If that's what we are talking about (I have a winder which I got for my original RTS, actually I have two, one works, one is busted) and I can't open the battery compartment unless I push the button. Of course you have to open it to change batteries, and also to attach the winder to the camera with the tripod socket.

Don Williams

E

eugenio

> Thank you, Don! Yes, We are talking about the same winder. I think in mine one the locking-unlocking leverages inside are "frozen" in unlocked position, so the button can move freely. A very very minor damage, in fact. Thank you again Tom