DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax RX battery capacity - rolls per battery?

Fred Aspen

I just picked up an RX without a manual. What is the specified number of rolls of film the camera will do on a fresh 2cr5 battery?

Thanks!

-Fred

There are rechargeable batteries available in this size. They are called R2CR5 and use a CFR005 charger. If you're in the UK then try this link:

http://www.shopwiki.co.uk/CFR005?sb=1

I've still got some non-rechargeable batteries left, so I'll be working through them before I start to use the R2CR5s. I don't have a real estimate as to how long they'll last for an RX as I have a AX, and I imagine it would be a heavier load for the batteries with the auto-focus and auto-wind.

Nick

Battery life info in manual -- here

According to the Rx manual (I just got an Rx), it says on page 232 that you can expect "about 150 rolls of 24-exposure film with a new lithium battery at ordinary temperatures, as tested according to Contax."

R.J.

Back