DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

1 Lens for 3 week backpacking tripWhich one

If you wanna take one lense only, the 35mm is probably the best choice, the 28mm is great for indor (with tripod) or landscape, but also too wide for the most needs. The 45mm is very close to the standard 5Omm lense thise pictures-angles are looking just a bit boring to me because everyone takes it with a 50mm lens. The 90mm you wont use very often at all, but somtimes you will miss shots, e.g. animals when you cant get close.
I use on trips the 35mm the most, second the 28mm for landscape. I dont use the 90mm very often, most for Animals with a fil in flash.
I very recomend the TLA 200 because its very smal and very good to fill in the foreground.
When you are paking dont forget the Film and also a soft micrfiber-cloth & brush.
Whats hapening with your SLR equipment ?
Have a good time !

Hi,
I think I have pretty much decided on the G1 with the 35mm and 90mm and TLA140. I had originally planned on taking a Nikon FE with a 24mm and 55mm micro + the G1 and 35mm and 90mm. But got it all into a bag and it looks like more than I want to carry and worry about. The other thing is I have a high possibility of loosing my gear to theft. Im going to be staying in places where theft is a very real thing, pensions, budget hotels, crappy locks on doors, if any.

Im going on vacation and as a result will be taking pictures, but I will also be doing other things. Alot of these things involve water, snorkling, scuba diving...When im doing these things I wont be able to watch my gear. So I thought the less stuff I take the less I will stand out and easier to conceal. If you guys think I should bite the bullet and add the Nikon FE + the 24mm and 55mm micro, let me know. I just purchased a tripod for the trip, I ended up getting the Velbon 343e. I need to buy a quick release head for it. If anyone knows of one please let me know.

As for film I bought mostly 100 speed, Astia, Reala. a couple rolls of 50 speed, Velvia, RSX, Konica Impressa. I have some ilford Xp2 for the 400 but no color and I also got 2 rolls of 3200 just to try with no flash. I havent really had a need for fast film, because no mirror and being able to hand hold for up to a second, maybe more, and still get sharp pics.

Thank you for all the post its appreciated!
14 days till I leave!!!

Back