DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Fuji Astia 100F

Paid gig is a lovely desciption and worthy of a try-out on my bank manager. Another image from the "paid gig" Astia F of course!
323871.jpg

Ha, I see
happy.gif

What is it by the way? I mean where was the shot taken? At first I thought it was a church, but then thought perhaps it's a castle.

Hi Mike Interiors of a Cambridge College. Astia works well on this subject. I tend to use Provia for rather more dynamic structures.

Aha, I see. Very nice interiors. Maybe even too distracting for study
happy.gif

How would you generally compare Astia to Kodak E100G though? Or you haven't used it much (E100G I mean)?

Thanks!

Hi Mike No comparative usage to bring to the discussion. Almost all the emulsions I us are Fuji or the Agfa B/W trany.

Ah, pity. I got several rolls of E100G to try, so just was wondering what I should expect. It's interesting though that you're shooting exclusively Fuji.

You're talking about Scala right? I just recently loaded my first ever roll of Scala, will see how it turns out. Anything I should be particularly aware of when shooting Scala? By the way, I'm actually going to try to develop it in DR5 process (www.dr5.com) and not the traditional Scala light-reversal process.

Hi Mike Scala is very sensitive to contrast range and exposure. I would try several rolls with normal processing ( clip and push/pull is possible ) or bracket. I found that it was a learning curve emulsion but when you get it right it sings!!!
323908.jpg

Back