CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

S9000

pierre

Hello all
I am having a big problem with my printer every thing black or nearly black is printing out matt anybody got any ideas it is driving me mad
Pierre

cjelfont

Pete,

Have you checked ink levels? Have you run the utility to clean the print head (at least 2 or 3 times)? Have you done a nozzle check?

Other than that, I am out of suggestions.

CJ

pierre

Thanks cj run the utility probably 20 times all the tanks are full done all you suggest no joy
thanks for input looks like it is going to have to go through the window

Kind regards Pete

bobbytan

Pete

I don't know where you are located, but have you tried calling Canon Customer Support? You should be able to find their number on the Internet. Canon's customer support is quite good.

I had a lot of trouble when I was using Inkjet Goodies ink with my S9000, but when I switched back to Canon ink, all the printing problems disappeared!

Bobby

griffin

It sounds like your printhead ink recepticles have become contaminated. Did you ever have the cartridges not locked down securely -- or do you have a child near your printer? In any event, many ink problems can be solved with ordinary water.

Remove your cartridges and tape over the openings on them while you clean the printhead for about 48 hours. Using warm, but not hot water, and holding the printhead at an angle so the water runs out the front of the head rather than over the contacts on the back, rinse the recepticle ovals ubder a slow, soft stream of water until the recepticle begins to turn white.

Get a shallow, flat plastic container large enough to hold the printhead and a small piece of wood or plastic ( I used plastic Q-tips) to prop the printhead so it is level. Put warm water in the container until it is just below the gold contacts. Add warm water to the inside until the recepticles are covered. Let it sit for a while, then change out the water and do it all over again several times. Once it begins to not discolor the water within an hour, leave it in the tray with fresh water over the recepticles and underneath for an overnight period.

Once you are satisfied that no more ink is disolving, let the printhead dry for 24 hours or put it in front of a fan for several hours until it is completely dry. Then put it back in the printer, reinstall the ink cartridges and run your cleaning and alignment programs until it looks right.

If it doesn't work the first time, go back and do it again, only for a longer period of time. I did it twice before my clogging problem was solved.

The reason I did it was because ordering a replacement printhead from Canon turned out to be nearly impossible. Rather than toss the thing out I had to try this technique out that I got off a internet search. It worked for me.

bobbytan

The Windex treatment is easier, I think, and it works well. Go the DP Review web site and do a search in the "Printers and Printing" forum pages, and you should find the instructions. Or just do a Google search. There are a lot of articles about how to clean your print head on the internet.

pierre

Thank you all for taking the time to comment,the problem appears to have gone away for the time being i changed the black cartridge for the third time and all of a sudden the black is nice and shiny but i dont think i have seen the last of it i am thinking i should perhaps have a spare printer head but as yet havent been able to source one
Thanks again
Pete