DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Software for keeping track of slides

G

A friend of mine is a PC user (i'm a mac user) who would like to find some software to allow him to keep track of his slides, but also something that is easy to work with (since he hates computers). Something that allows descriptions, keywords, searches etc. He thought there was a program once that even allowed printing of labels for slides. Can any of you recommend any PC based programs for him? Thanks!
Lynn

Lynn,

I do not know such a programm, but there will be some. Perhaps you could also build up an easy MS Access database.

I want to add something about using labels:
I do not think that there is any adhersive label that will last so long as it hopefully should.

Till

Dear Miss Loeffeld

I don't know if i uderstood correctly the istances of your friend. But if don not go wrong...
On LuminousLandscapes some days ago appeared the review of a software intended to create a searchable archive of image. It seem to me interesting. Go to the page What's New of the www site of LuminousLandscape. Hope this will of help.
Best regards from Italy! :)

It is easy to start in MS Access. Open new database.
Select 'New' Table. Select 'Table Wizard'. In the left corner select 'Personal'. Scroll down to s&le 'Photographs' and select the details you want to store. If you are not sure of all the details select them because it is easier to delete later than add them. The is also a s&le 'Films' database.

Back