CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

SALE 1002 Planar MedicalScientific RTS 2828

Trader history for aphasiac (0)

A

aphasiac

I am, sadly, switching over to digital SLR (Canon EOS). So I'm selling/trading my Contax gear.

The 100/2 Planar is, as most of you know, one of the finest lenses ever designed -- in every respect (including bokeh!) it outperforms the famous 85/1.4. This is an AE version, made in Germany. (This version is considered by some -- I think this is just superstition, frankly -- the best iteration of this optic). It is in Mint- condition, with pristine glass.

My RTS I is a rare Medical/Scientific model. The advantages are a raised ring around the shutter button, making it much less likely to fire off a whole roll by mistake in your bag, *and*: a heavy-duty shutter, designed to withstand a zillion or so cycles. (I forget the exact number, but it's on a whole different level from the ordinary RTS.) Mechanically perfect, a bit challenged cosmetically: no major dings, but it's missing the black insert over one of the dials (I think it's the ASA dial -- don't have it here to check).

Lastly, selling a 28/2.8 AE, in mint- condition. Outperforms virtually every other 28/2.8 out there (check photodo.com).

Make me an offer! I'd prefer to keep it together as a kit, but I'm open. And I'd be up for trading for EOS equipment -- especially a digital body, but I'd also look at other stuff.

Check out my ebay feedback underusername "visigoth".

PLease contact me offlist at: contax@dysmedia.com

Douglas Anthony Cooper
www.dysmedia.

A

aphasiac

Hi all,

The 100/2 Planar and RTS Medical/Scientific are available again. (I arranged a trade, but it fell through.) Once again, I am happy to sell them -- make an offer -- but I would prefer to trade for Canon EOS equipment (professional gear only, preferably digital).

I would also look at other Contax bodies, and an 85/1.4 -- my eyes are not that great these days, and it's easier for me to focus a 1.4 lens, and a bright screen. (The RTS is not dark -- it's brighter than an Aria -- but other bodies seem to be a bit better this way.)

A

aphasiac

I've been asked to put a price on the Planar 100/2 and the RTS Medical/Scientific:

100/2 Planar: $925
RTS: $350

Negotiable.

Oh, and I have a ratty but optically perfect 50/1.7 as well...

A

adam_f

I take it the 28/2.8 is no longer available then? Anyone else have an old AE they don't need any more?

Adam F

mcp

If you want to get the Distagon AE 28/2,8, check eBay with my auction. Username is "martin.palm".