DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

CY Lens Collection Question

I have the lattest version of Leica M50 2. I agree,it is amazing, too. I perfer my C-Y 60 2.8 in terms of the rendition of skin colour. This 60 has virtually no astigmatism compared to Leica 50 and 60s, better bokeh.

Never used the Canon 55/1.2 or Nikon 58/1.2 speedsters, so I can't comment.

I have the Zeiss 60/2.8 Macro and find it to be like other Zeiss glass ... a tad cool in color. My NY mentor claims that the Leica 60 is better. I don't have that lens so I can't comment. If I can get my hands on one it would make an interesting side by side real world test ... especially in color rendition with people.

I also am interested in how the Leica 100/2.8 macro does.

Here's another picnic kid shot using the 85/1.2 wide open, but from a distance...

386832.jpg

Thanks Antony. I installed a split screen focusing prism in the Canon because it is darned near impossible to focus that camera manually without one.

But all this digital stuff is just children's toys compared to mighty Zeiss and big film. Here's a hand held shot from a neighborhood auto meet I came across while on vacation last week. 203FE with a Zeiss 50/2.8FE @ f/5.6 using 400 ISO Fuji neg.

The scan file @ 100% is over 500 meg. at 38" wide. You can read the guages clear as a bell. The dynamic range was beyond the ability of the Canon but not the Hasselblad, Zeiss and film combo ; -)

386835.jpg

marc,

i'd love a print of that if at all possible, i'm a bit of a car nut! I'll obviously cover the costs. i have a square frame at home with nothing in it.
happy.gif

i do still love film, although i will be attempting to get a split screen for the 20D soon; i just got my cameraquest adaptor - to my emense happiness the cz 60mm macro fits nicely. on the other hand i am just about done shooting my first ever roll of black and white film with a leica m3 rangefinder, an experience which i am enjoying hugely also.

e-mail me the size you want (I can print up to 17.5" wide myself), and include your address where I can mail it. I grew up and still am in Detroit, so car nuts are all over the place here.

Or I can ftp a file to you, and you can print it yourself.

Marc

Hi Marc,
Here is a shot from my 28 F2 (Moon added later as it was far too small using the 28mm!)

386844.jpg

to be followed by a crop of the right side.

and here is the crop from the origonal scan of Velvia and done via Minolta Scan Dual III

386847.jpg

Detail is quite good

I love the shot of the car, it reminds me of my youth when I was an active hot rodder over here in the UK. What else did you shoot?

By the way, why do they call it the Hollywood?

Many thanks
Paul

Marc,

Man, the car shot is impresive. Handheld?

You make me hate my Canon L glasses more (which I order three more this week for wedding work.)

Just got my Contax 140mm f/2.8 today. I should shoot some films or with my ND to test this baby out. I will report back to the C645 thread later.

Back