DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

SL SL2

Kier, it might be best to take this discussion to private e-mail. My e-mail address is doug at wildlightphoto dot com

Hello all,
The shutter speed dial of my SL is very tight, to the point I need to use both index and thumb together to change the speed. This is inconvenient, as the whole idea is to be able to keep framing the picture while you turn the wheel with the index finger. Does anybody know if the tightness of the dial can be adjusted by loosening the 3 screws on the side of the dial? Or do I have to send it in?
Thanks for your answers

Juan

Juan, the three screws on the side of the dial keep the dial from falling off. They will not change the tightness.

Thank you Doug. You just saved me a lot of grief. On my last roll a couple of pictures had a perfectly straight band overexposed on the right edge of the negative that looks like trouble (a brake problem?), so I may send it to DAG (from whom I bought it) to be adjusted anyway.
Thanks again,

Juan

Back