DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Sony Alpha 100

The links you included are not working. I use the Minolta 5600HS. This is an excellent flash and I highly recommend it. This flash appears to be the same as the Sony HVL 56AM. It is expensive, the 3600HS (Sony HVL 36AM) is also a good flash and a little cheaper. Try to find the Minolta versions as they are cheaper. Both of these flashes will work wirelessly with the Sony A100. Both can be found on ebay for more reasonable prices.

dont understand how links are not working. seems like there working fine my side.

thanks for the input though.

so basically as newbie and not really much into photography (not yet anyways..) ill be good with the 36AM?

The 36AM is fine. The few differences that I am aware of are the 56AM swivels left and right as well as up and down for bouncing the flash, and the 36AM only moves up and down. This may or may not be important to you, but as a self proclaimed newbie, it should be fine. Also the 56AM is more powerful, so you can use your flash on subjects that are further away than the 36AM can be used for. You should be perfectly happy starting with the 36AM. Later you could add the 56AM to your collection and use them together wirelessly for multiple flash photography for portrait lighting etc. Hope this has been helpful.

Hi Valabapo

Glad to hear your about to receive a Minolta 100-300mm F5.6 APO D, let us all know how you get on with it
happy.gif

I think you made a good move over the 75-300mm D, the APO is a much superior lens.

Regards.
Den.

ok ill settle for the 36AM i guess. so i suppose, compared to the stock flash, the 36AM will greatly improve picture quality of pics taken with dark background?

has anyone dealt with this company?

ebay link not working

does anyone doubt as to the authentecity of the items sold from this company? company has good feedback rating though.

just asking opinions before i impulsively decide on my own (AGAIN AS ALWAYS.
happy.gif
)

> WHOA THERE WAYNE....sorry, confused that with the 3600, big mistake.... by Australian standards price is fine but postage is a bit steep.... apologise for the previous bit of misinformation

wayne

Back