DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Shift lens on digital SLRs

stan_parry

I have a Schneider PC Super Angulon 28mm shift lens with a C/Y mount for my RX. It is the same lens marketed under Leica's name for its shift lens. A wonderful lens. Schneider sells mounts for Nikon, Pentax and other SLRs but not for Leica. I had thought of using it with a R8 or R9 but am really not in the market for a $5,000 Leica digital back. I am thinking of a Nikon D70 or D100 or a Pentax IstD or even IstDS. I like the idea of a lightweight system. I shoot mostly architecture but not professionally and loved using the shift lens.

Question if I get a Nikon mount, will it work with a digital SLR. With chip size being smaller than 35mm frame size are there any problems? What would be the resulting focal length.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Stan

> I have contax 35 pc that I use on a canon 20D which is almost the same as a d70. The lens works, but you get a 1.6 crop factor. >

Salim,which c/y lens adaptor do you use for the 20D? I have heard and seen picture that the C/Y lens scratch the body in some cases.

Stan, if you get the Schneider PC Super Angulon 28mm f2.8 for a Nikon mount you will get a result of a 42mm F2.8 PC lens since Nikon DSLRs crop factor is a 1.5. However, with these lens you can take 3 images one in the center one on each side and stitch them together you will get a wider angle than the regular 42mm.

If you get the one with a Leica mount you can mount it on the Canon DSLR or Leica if not now but may be in the future.

If you get it for a Nikon mount you can also mount it on the Nikon DSLRs and Canon DSLRs. Either way you can mount to two potential brand name DSLRs.

-Son

Back