DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

CONTAX CY lenses on Canon EOS Bodies

Me too, I couldn't decide between this lens and the 70-210mm. I guess the decision is made. By the way the 21-35mm does fit.

The 28-90 would fit, but it would take some grinding, I don't think that I could take my dremmel to a $3500 lens!

Andy

DJ and Andrew, I feel the same disappointment about the 28-90 as it appears to be the current king of zoom. Now I will use my funds to get two more L glasses.

BTW, can anyone tell me more about the 70-210? I can only remember 80-200mm being offered by Contax. Is this a long-discontinued lens or special edition kind of stuff?

Albert:

From the little that I know, the 70-210 was produced in limited quantities. Much sharper than 35-70 and for macro use, you can focus on an object that is nearly touching the lens. This lens has been discontinued. Hard to find, mint copies sell for at least $3k.

Gerry

This guy has a couple of the 70-210 lenses at better prices than I paid. They're not mint like mine, but ...

http://www.kevincameras.com/

It's a lens in the class with the 55/1.2, 85/1.2, 100/2 and 135/2. The 70-210 does do macro with no limits until the subject almost touches the front element ; -)

BTW Andrew, thanks for the info on the Leica 21-35 fitting the Canon. I may get that one to go with the 28-90.

I just won a bid on a new one from a German supplier - now I have to mail my payment so they'll ship, maybe for next week-end but probably not. I'll let you know how it turns out.

DJ, please provide feed back on that lens when you get it. That's next on the list for me.

Just landed a mint German made Ziess 28/2 MM with metal shade and caps, case , box. Well report back on it after using it for awhile.

Marc - will do.

I just discovered a really gorgeous paper (i.e. expensive
happy.gif
) from Media Street. I was using their G-Chrome Glossy, but the Royal Rennaissance, which has a slight texture, just won my eyes and heart (and unfortunately my wallet too). Beautiful color rendition and excellent definition / clarity. And they have a 19 mil version which is great for 13x19 because it's fairly stiff, but it's $4 a pop at that size. Excellent choice for the serious keepers, so in my case most semi-serious (?) printing will be the 10-12 mil (not sure exactly how thick) 11x17, only $2 a pop ...

Hey, just picked up a 20D and wondered if anyone had a CameraQuest C/Y->EOS adapter they were looking to sell? Looking forward to getting my zeiss glass on it. Also after a Hi-Lux focusing screen. Thanks. Antony.

Back