DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

The aperture shape of Zeiss 180mm/ f2.8

G

Hello, recently I have had a 180mm f2.8 MMG lens and found that the shape of the aperture blades was not in qual side octagon. Does it is properly?

Merry X'mas

Kent

I found another things of the captioned. I set the aperture at f16 (which is most easy to see the unshaped octagon) and checked by the DOF button many times, the result is that the octagon aperture blades was not in equal side and also the shape have some different between my test. As it is my first MMG lens, does anyone can tell me that the aforesaid is properly or not for the Germany lens ?

Thanks
Kent

I have the same problem with an 85mm F1.4. Anyone have any ideas? I don't have the time, ( or inclination ) to investigate in any detail, I'd just like to know.

Back