DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

TLA 360 owners Ibve a question

G

Hello !

Does anybody know what is the guide number (I hope this is the correct english expression for the term "Leitzahl") of the TLA 360 in zoom reflector position "85 mm" ?
I know it is 36 in "35 mm" but I want to estimate the power of the flash in combination with a tele-lens. I would like to compare the TLA 360 with some Metz flashes.
Or, in other words: What's the maximum range for the flash, lets say at f-stop 4.0, ASA 100, position "85 mm" ?

Thank you in advance !

Uli

> Ulrich asked:

Does anybody know what is the guide number the TLA 360 in zoom reflector position "85 mm" ? Or, in other words: What's the maximum range for the flash, lets say at f-stop 4.0, ASA 100, position "85 mm" ?

The guide number is 50 at "85mm" Range at yours settings is 1.6-12 m according to manual

Jerzy

> [Herr Doktor: Although I cannot help you with the photometrics (light > measurements) of the TLA 360, I would like to state that "guide > number" is exactly the right phrase in English to describe the > information for which you are looking.]

Back