DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Greetings from Greece

blackpit

Hello all!

I used to watch my father use his cameras when I was young, as well as developing his b&w films in his darkroom. Since then, I've wanted to start shooting one day on film.

So now that he's taken the digital route due to lack of time to devote to analog photografy, as well as the bonus of ease of use, I've inherited his old equipment. The interesting parts are:

Contax RTS with:
Distagon 28/2.8
Planar 50/1.7
Sonnar 135/2.8
Motordrive
plus 10 different B+W 55mm filters
--

Yashica FX-3 with:
ML 50/1.9
plus a Panasonic PE-145 flash unit.
--

Gossen Lunasix 3 light meter
--

I took some first photos with the cameras just to figure out their functions, as well as the general function of an SLR camera, as I have only shot on a digital point-and-shoot in the past, and I found a lot of options I hadn't even heard of before. Which is something I really enjoy, the power to make my own mistakes, just because I can, and learn from them.

Anyway, I am glad I found this forum, and people that love Contax cameras as well, and I hope to learn as much as I can, and someday even contribute to the extent my knowledge will permit.

Best regards!
Panos

Hi blackpit,

welcome at Contaxinfo.com. There are many different solutions to use Contax/Zeiss gear on the newest digital bodies.

Via an adapter you can use them on a Sony NEX camera - this would be the cheapest solution.

Or Leitax.com offers lens mount conversions to change the Zeiss lens mount to a Sony lens mount. In that case you can use the Zeiss lens in aperture priority and manual focus on every Sony DSLR i.e. a Sony Alpha A900 or A850 (fullframe and 24MP)

Best wishes

Back