DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Off to New Zealand for 4 weeks

Analog6

Well on Thursday (May 6) I am off to NZ's South Island for 4 weeks (almost). We visited last year for 2 weeks (photos on my flickr) but it was a bit of a balls up as the campervan we hired (from Apollo campers) had a faulty coil and would not start up until the day warmed up - usually between 9.30-10.30am. Not much good for dawn shots. And because we were worried about it I never did get to Glenorchy, the place I went over to try for some shots from! And I didn't have the Hasselblad last time, so I'm hoping for some really good results.

Well, I have it all covered this time. A brief itinerary is below. Anyone who knows of good spots along the way, please feel free to advise. And do we have any NZers who'd like to met up anywhere? Note the Photography workshop (21-24 May) is the fixed point around which the itinerary must work.

DAY # / DAY-DATE / FROM-TO & DETAILS

1 Thu 6th / Gold Coast / Fly to Melbourne
2 Fri 7th/Melbourne to Christchurch - arrive Ch 1450

3 Sat 8th / Collect car 0900 Drive to Mt Somers via Masham, Papanua, Aylesbury, Darfield, Glenroy, Rakaia Gorge & Mt Hutt, Alford Forest, Stavely, Buccleuch

4 Sun 9th / Mt Somers - drive to Mt Potts for photos, then on to Geraldine

5 Mon 10th / Geraldine to Mt Cook - photos lakes and area

6 Tues 11th / Mt Cook - explore lakes/Mt Cook area - drive to Kurow. Staying 2 nights at farmstay - hills walking, activities, photos of scenery etc.
7 Wed 12th / as above

8 Thu 13th / Kurow - Dunedin via Duntroon (elephant rocks) - other spots along way?? - through Hampden to Moeraki Boulders then R#1 to Dunedin (staying 2 nights on Peninsula.
9 Fri 14th / Dunedin - Castle, other attractions, taking Taeri Gorge train trip 1230

10 Sat 15th / Dunedin to Catlins (stay 1 night) - any high spots??

11 Sun 16th / Catlins - drive to Invercargill (staying 2 nights)
12 Mon 17th / explore Invercargill & surrounds

13 Tues 18th /Invercargill to Te Anua, leave early to arrive by 8am - Doubtful Sound overnight cruise - leaves 0830 - back 1230 next day
15 Wed 19th / Return to Te Anau at 12.30 drive to Milford Sound

16 Thu 20th / Milford Sound Milford Sound boat trip 9.30-11.30 - Mirror lakes on way to/back Milford Sound

17 Fri 21st / Leave Te Anau 6am - drive to Kinloch via Queenstown
Kinloch 3 day Landscape workshop Queenstown Centre for Photography at Kinloch 2pm Friday to 10am Monday
18 Sat 22nd (as above)
19 Sun 23rd (as above)
20 Mon 24th / Kinloch via Queenstown - Arrowtown to Wanaka

21 Tues 25th / Wanaka to Haast - Jackson's Landing jetty sunset if weather allows

22 Wed 26th / Haast to Greymouth (I've been told Greymouth isn't very interesting but hopefully I can range around a bit for a good sunset/sunrise spot/s)

23 Thu 27th / Greymouth via Reefton and then down to Waia

24 Fri 28th / Waia to Kaikoura

25 Sat 29th / Kaikoura - early shots of bay (dolphins if I am very lucky), then back to Christchurch

26 Sun 30th / Christ-church - return car 1100 - Antarctic Centre, Kiwi place, both near airport??
27 Mon 31st fly home

Odille

"In a world of magnets and miracles"

GearList / flickr (larger sizes) / MyBlog / MyZenfolio / MyTravelBlog / LightArt

This schedule makes my mouth water.

I am green with envy and wish Odille lots of good images.

Of course we want to see results in due time.

Vic.

Back