DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Something is going on with Zeiss

Today it showed part of the body with leather and metal. It could be the right posterior inferior part of a body looking like a G2 or Leica rangefinder.

uhoh.gif

Leider, es ist kein Contax.
Ok, my Deutsch is REALLY rusty, but I no longer believe that this teaser puzzle is a Contax. It goes against there design philosophy of the last 15 years or so. The metal is not titanium or any other heavy duty alloy. This looks more showy or "bling-y" if you will. Too lustrous. And the leather? When was the last time Contax employed leather on a camera? The 139 quartz. No G series would be caught dead in it. Admittedly, design has changed in recent years and I wish the TVS III and the T3 had the old rubber hand grips of old. Now they seem kind of naked. Anyway, I seriously doubt that this picture in the puzzle is a Contax. My best guess now is a Rollei. Hmmm... could be interesting but a let down all the same. Ho-hum.
Lytton

This is probably just an interesting coincedence but the shot on the zeiss site, with the leather and what looks like brushed aluminum, looks exactly like my Leica CM case save for the color. From the texture of the leather, the shape of the base, bizarre.

I wonder if the camera might be a zeiss powered compact . The Rollei idea sounds kind of logical as it does not look like Contax styling, unless we are talking 50's Contax and the II and III series.

Tell me this isn't fun trying to figure out what's going on. I feel like a kid shaking a box under the Christmas tree
happy.gif
) >

As everyone is speculating - I'll have a go too!!

As far as the Medium Format side goes, I think CZ & Contax are going to take the 645 down the digital route. I'm not sure if that means a digital back - but I can see an emphasis on integration and flexibility of systems so that they can work both in the film and in the digital world.

Roll on Photokina!!
happy.gif

The 645 is already quite a bit down the digital road, considering the wide assortment of digital backs available with a fair amount of integration - it'll be interesting to see if there's a 645-D with even more goodies, but that's a Contax thing, not necessarily a CZ project.

I think CZ is getting back to the camera business, digital camera that is.

Was gibts?
I was at the CZ site for another fix and I noticed a raised blue dot on the back of the lens where it is affixed to the body. This is getting more interesting every day. Obviously it is an interchangeable lens camera, otherwise, why mark the lens mount? Also there appears to be a bayonet type filter system like Hasselblads and Rollei TLRs. No screw in like the G system. Hmmm... anyone else think that the pictures shown are not only from a wide perspective but also a wide sort of quasi-panoramic? I mean, the format does not look like a typical 35mm frame of 24x36mm. Zeiss has been a tease at least, whereas Contax has been a shadow and has not made so much as a mention of photokina. I hope there is something up their sleeve for everyone's sake. Cheers,
-Lytton

How about a camera with the Zeiss name on it?
BTW, there will be a new camera from the Kyocera group at Photokina.
Paul

Back