DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Risky choice, DP1s as only cam?

jesito

I haven't finished my holidays yet, but I've comeback home for a couple of days to take my son to the airport. (He's going to visit our US relatives in Louisiana for three weeks). So I've just downloaded the pics from the camera for our one week trip along France: Lyon, Annecy, Aix Les Bains, Chambery, Grenoble, Montelimar, Poet Laval, Dieulefit, Grignan, La Garde Adhemar, Avignon and back home.

Since I wanted to keep the luggage at minimum I took a risky decission: Not to take any other cam than the small DP1s with its Foveon sensor and 16.6mm lens (roughly equivalent to a 28mm lens in FF). I have to admit the 28mm focal lens is not my favourite one, I do prefer very much the 35mm (equivalent), but for the sake of the space and weight I put the DP1s in a small bag, with four 4Gig memory cards, one spare battery and the battery charger.

Not to take the NEX-7 was a hard decission, but I'm still unconfortable with it and I didn't want to have to fight against the unknown.

At the end, I'm more than satisfied with the decission: Even the DP1s is like a crazy cow in terms of ergonomy and light metering, and I miss the ability of having the histogram on screen. But otherwise is the perfect camera for traveling: sharp lens, nice clean colours and really good B&W from the RAW shots.

I'm a bit biased with this cam, so I'd appreciate your comments.

These are some samples from our first stop, Annecy:

Jes.

Sorry,
It seems I did wrong putting the big pictures and I cannot edit them :(
My apologies.

Jes.

Jes,

Nice set...I especially like the night B&W shot...sometimes when you are left with only one choice...you tend to make the most of it...Like you did in your set...Nice work...great composition and setup for the shots...

Thanks for sharing...!!!

Tony C.

Jes,

Nice set...I especially like the night B&W shot...sometimes when you are left with only one choice...you tend to make the most of it...Like you did in your set...Nice work...great composition and setup for the shots...

Thanks for sharing...!!!

Tony C.

Thanks for your comments, Tony! :)
Jes.

Back