CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Sigma 18-200mm DC OS / 105mm EX MACRO light experiment

Robert.4507

Trying something different with the 18-200mm DC. This lens is very fine. Looking through the shots in this forum helped me to decide on it, as opposed to the other fine lens that sigma make.

SDIM5740.jpg

ISO50 F6.3 1.6s 18-200 DC OS @200mm raw lo. I experimented with several different lens with this setup.

good luck with your pictures,

Robert

Robert.4507

Hello,

Klaus it is a college graduation tassel. It is posed in front of my microwave door, adjacently lit by a red and blue 25watt light. Front lit by dim soft white to make the yellow gold outline pronounced. I have to give credit where credit is due. Your macro photo of the fork inspired this setup. Did you feel deja vu when you saw this?

This shot is with the 105 macro.
and the exif
ISO50 F6.3 5.0s raw lo spot and no crop
SDIM5746_1.jpg

another with 105 with water drops for effect and moved further from background
ISO50 F10 30.0s evaluative and no crop
SDIM5758_1.jpg

this is what the tassel looks like without effect light
ISO50 70-300 Macro @300mm F5.6 1.0s (-.7ev) evaluative
SDIM5780.jpg

good luck with your pictures,

Robert

Guest .

Banned
Robert!

Secret revealed!!! :) Thank you very much! It takes ideas to have interesting pictures!! Do not show people things they can see everywhere ... show them things (in perspectives) which are unconventional ... that makes a picture!

See you with innovative pictures

Klaus