DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Dropoff - Above the Falls (Dynamic Range)

laurence2

This is a shot that taxed the dynamic range of the Provia slide film. As you know, slide film has a 5-stop dynamic range at most. This is another reason why I'm hoping the SD-14 will give me dynamic range, especially because I feel I want more shadow details.

Shot taken in the upper Wynoochee valley, bereft of any trails. I basically beat the brush upstream, then climbed up the side of the waterfall to a position where I could show the morning sun streaming into the chasm over the lip of the falls.

Attachments

• DropoffHeaven2PullShadows.jpg
    EXIF
    DropoffHeaven2PullShadows.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 22
I can practically hear the water, Laurence. I reckon I could sit there for hours and never get bored. A moment in your life and times, captured beautifully.

And with a 10 - 20mm connected, scenes like this can make your Sd14 record the whole visual symphony.

Sincere regards, Jim R

Hi Laurencce,

a very nice landscape again! :z02_respekt::z02_respekt:

I can assure you that the SD is best choice for landscape pictures.

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

Back