DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Hoods for 85mm14 135mm28 3570mm34

G

Does anyone have any suggestions for appropriate lens hoods for the following Contax mf lenses:

1. 85mm f/1.4
2. 135mm f/2.8
3. 35-70mm f/3.4 zoom

Rubber hoods would be just fine-- main goal is simply to avoid vignetting but get enough flare protection. Lenses 1 and 3 take 67mm filters, and lens 2 takes 55mm. Many thanks for the information.

Kirk

> Kirk

According to an old brochure I have:

85/1.4 uses G13 rubber hood or Metal hood number with 67/86 ring 135/2.8 has built in hood, but also uses Metal hood number 5 with 55/86 ring 35-70/3.4 uses Metal hood number 1 with 67/86 ring

All hoods and rings are made by contax

Lars

Lars, thanks. The problem is those adapter rings, which are not cheap. I = wonder why Contax can't make hoods for these lenses that fit the filter = thread without the need for an adapter. Any alternative suggestions?

> Kirk

There was something missing, so I try again:

According to an old brochure I have:

85/1.4 uses G13 rubber hood or Metal hood number 4 (four) with 67/86 ring. = The 135/2.8 has built in hood, but also uses Metal hood number 5 (five) wit= h 55/86 ring. The 35-70/3.4 uses Metal hood number 1 (one) with 67/86 ring.

All hoods and rings are made by contax. I have bought these through the mai= l from a good shop in Wuppertal.

Lars

contax in general has problems with hoods, first they are not included with the lens (rare if any) second the availability of hood and the lens are not always in sync. case and point the 17~35,45-90 and the matching hoods for them. we should all complain to contax in a very loud matter to include hood as part of the lens offering in the same package

> Kirk

The same shop has B+W Hoods, 3 kinds, 17-35, 40-80, and 85-. I used one of = these once a 6x9 camera and they are very nice - no adapters needed. They a= re in the Euro 25-35 range.

Lars

Back