Sigma lens compatibility question

tracymar

Iam considering going way over my budget and purchasing a KM7D for the figure skating photography I do......but it's absolutely essential that the camera be compatible with my Sigma 70-210/2.8 zoom lens. I've been researching this everywhere online with no results yet though I did email Sigma information. Anyone have a KM Maxxum 7D with this lens who can respond?

Apparently this lens which I bought three years ago was replaced with the 70-200 and I don't know if compatibility issues for the 70-200 will be the same for the 210. THANKS in advance.
Tracy

davie19

> Just send the lens into Sigma for service. I had to send my 20mm 1.8 in for service. They replaced the lens chip for free so that the camera now r ecognizes the lens. Good luck.

tracymar

Thanks for responding. I'm wondering if Sigma replaces the lens chip so that the Minolta 7d recognizes it, if my Minolta 7 SLR would then recognize the lens so I could use it with both cameras?

I already had to have the lens chip replaced when I upgraded from the Minolta 7000i to the Minolta Maxxum 7 SLR - my 7000i is dead, but I would be able to want to use the Sigma lens with both the Minolta 7 and 7d. Any idea?
Tracy