DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Slide projection 2 X Leica p600 or Rollei twin MSC 320 S

G

I own a Leica P600 ir projector and think of buying an additional P600 with a stumpfl SD 102 dissolve unit.

The other option is to buy a Rollei MSC 320S. (and sell the P600 ir)

With two leica projectors and the SD 102 I have a basic dissolve set with 250 W light. No memory card for program-functions. Optically, this system performs excellent (with colorplan 2.5/90)
The Rollei offers more sophisticated functions, like a memory card for pre-setting dissolve times etc. But has the disadvantage of 150 W light. I don't know it's performance optically, but the Rollei HFT projection lenses should be fine.

I intend to use it on slide presentations for a small (25) to medium (max. 200) audience. Screensize 180 by 180 cm (72 inch) or slightly larger (225 cm wide/ 90 inch)

Who has experience with these projectors and the SD 102 dissolve unit? Please give me some recommandations for each system. (I am not in the market for the Rollei MSC 535 with 2X 250W)

Thank you very much,

Melvin

Hi Melvin,

if you are satisfied with the performance of the P600 simply buy a second and the Stumpfl SD unit. This combination allows faster dissolve times than the Rollei MSC.
If you want to have the comfort of computer control you can buy the higher Stumpfl models like SD 302 or a projector with seriell port.
Leica has announced a new model, a revised P600 which is named "Pradovit RC" (some 665 Euro here in Germany) that has a seriell port which allows you to link up to 16 of these projectors.

I´m in the same situation as you in the moment, I have an old pair of Kindermann slide projectors that are slow, not precise and have terrible autofocus and I want to replace them with a Leica system controlled by a notebook. In Germany there is a small company that has a great program for slide show control called "m.objects" (www.mobjects.de). I hope that the Leica RC will have what I need so I can build up a bigger system beginning with just 2 projectors and a notebook !

Regards

Dieter

Hi folks,
The real difference between two P600 and one Rollei is that you have to change the magazines after 100 (standard) or 160 (LKM) slides with the Leitz's and after 50 (standard) or 80 (LKM) slides with the Rollei! That's the reason why I bought two P600 some years ago.
Reinhard Kuttner
Vienna, Austria

Back