DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Will Sunpak 544 work with Contax RX

G

Is anyone using a Sunpak 544 flash with an RX?
If so does the TTL work? Do all functions work? Rear curtin sync etc?

Thanks Mark

I suggest you check out the Sunpak/Tocad web-site as I do know that not all the Sunpak flash guns are compatible with the Contax TTL module they make . I have the 555 though and it works great..... Steve

Is anyone using a Sunpak 544 flash with an RX? If so does the TTL work? Do all functions work? Rear curtin sync etc? Hi, Mark! The 544 works beautifully, on automatic. It is not dedicated, however and so will not work TTL. The 555 is dedicated and does work TTL with Contax. In fact, I have used the 555 TTL with Contax, Hasselblad, Canon, Pentax 645 and it works beautifully with any and all. You just need the appropriate dedicated module. Jack Canser

Any Sunpak dedicated flash owners out there? Does the 3-pin Sunpak YC-1D Yashica/Contax TTL module work on the 5 contact RX hotshoe? If so, is TTL metering supported?

Thanks,
Dave

> Any Sunpak dedicated flash owners out there? Does the 3-pin Sunpak> YC-1D Yashica/Contax TTL module work on the 5 contact RX hotshoe? If> so, is TTL metering supported?

I use my Sunpak flash with the Contax module quite succesfully , but I only have 3 pin cameras . I see no reason why it wouldnt work just like if you were using a TLA30 with an Aria or RX i.e. you would lose some viewfinder info etc , but it would work just fine all the same . Steve

Back