CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Sigma SD15..??

tc95

I just saw this online....I do not know if it is true or not...

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

I struggle from not getting a lot of sleep...

Have a great day/night..

Tony C.

Guest .

Banned
Hi all,

thanks for the info!:)

Yes ... now it is official!

SIGMA's SD15 is just presented at the PHOTOKINA in Cologne Germany.

Well ... most interesting will be its price?! Let us see!

see you with nice pictures

Klaus

foveonfan

Nah!

SD14 suits me fine.

Look after your health, Klaus. Lack of sleep can cause disaster, even for the best night owls amongst us.

Sincere regards, Jim Roelofs

miniheli

Hello. I am a new member to this forum. I am a new photography student at my college and currently using a 35mm Pentax Spotmatic F camera which is amazing. But it is getting rather expensive to process all those rolls of film. That’s why I had admired the sd 14 from afar and was thinking about purchasing it. The reason being is because of the film like sensor and because its digital. I’m glad I found this forum because now I know the sd 15 is coming out. But I am confused, in this youtube video link below, the spokes person says it will be out in April of next year??? Is this right? That’s way to long lol.

tc95

Congrats on finding this place...very nice forum...and very good camera...

Yes the SD15 will be out between Feb. thru May as per my phone conversation with Sigma...I do not know when exactly...The problem...is that the price point will probably be around 1000.00 US....so that is why I opted to purchase the SD14....the difference will be the storage and speed of the camera...the proccessor..from what I have found out...but the sensor will remain the same...as of now...I did ask about video and was given the official they do not know at this time...could mean yes/no...if I was a betting man I would say yes and that is why it is delayed....

That being said...the SD14 can be purchased for 429.00 which is a great price...also you can get a kit with an 18-200mm OS lens for about 699.00 you cannot beat that combo....

I would opt (as I did) bite the bullet now....and when the SD15 come out you can probably get rid of the SD14 for about what you paid for it...or have a very good backup...which is what I plan to do...Right now I use SD14/SD10 combo as well as Nikon D300....

Let me know if you have any other questions....also Klaus is a very good source of information...see my post on using old nikkor lens with SD14...best bet to get cheap older lenses that will make the SD14 pop..

Have fun shooting...

Tony C.

miniheli

tc95 thank you for your reply. I think I will get the sd 14 instead of the 15 since the speed of the buffer isnt really what im after right now. I am really after the beautiful colors that this camera produces. Besides im on a limited budget and need a digital camera right fnow and the sd 14 seems to fit my budget and timing very well. Can’t wait to get it!

I do have one more question. Does the sd 14/15 have a strong robust metal body? Is it weather sealed? If its not sealed, it wouldn’t be much of a draw back since its not wise to take out a digital camera out in the rain anyway. Thanks again :)

tc95

“I do have one more question. Does the sd 14/15 have a strong robust metal body? Is it weather sealed? If it’s not sealed, it wouldn’t be much of a draw back since it’s not wise to take out a digital camera out in the rain anyway."

It does have a strong body....the problem is that it is digital....you do not want to get it anywhere near moisture...the body is sealed...but no matter what the inside is you still have a plastic product with rubber on the outside....I am sure it is made to take some abuse...if you plan on having it out in the rain...I would get a cover....

Rain Gear...
http://www.cameta.com/index.cfm/fa:display.showprod/Op-Tech-USA-Rainsleeve/productid:29426/

SD14 Brochure....very big...file will take awhile...22megs...
http://www.sigmaphoto.com/downloads/SD14_CatalogLux_English.pdf

Sigma SD14 website:
http://www.sigma-sd14.com/index.html

I hope this helps out...let us know if you have any more questions...

Tony C.

Guest .

Banned
Hi Miniheli,

welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the You Tube link, which I did not know before! Very interesting to watch! Thanks to Tony as well for new info!

Well, the question is less, if I will go for an SD15 .... it is more the question when I will do so!

It simply depends on its price! :)

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

miniheli

Ya same here Klaus. If the SD15 is in the $1,000 price range im not going for it even if it was a good $700 I would still rather get the 14. Thanks for the friendly welcome.