CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

SL SL2

G

However, till then, what kind of handheld light > meters do you > reccomend? ================================================================= Justin's recommendations are quite good. However, you failed to mention whether you are looking for a new or used meter. So I will offer the following about used:

1. Be sure the batteries are still available. Many high quality used meters use the now discontinued PX-13 or PX-625. The Gossen LunaSix or LunaPro can be adjusted to use 1.5v silver oxide batteries. I cannot speak for others.

2. If you can afford one, get a meter that will do both ambient and flash. A used Minolta Flashmeter would be a good choice. I am sure there are others also.

3. The last models of the old Weston Master meters are still quite usable if in good working order. They are quite sensitive and do not require batteries. Be sure it is in good condition before buying.

G

please help me!
I have received as a gift one LeicaFlex SL, and I was of course very happy (the only shot click is music to hear!).
Unfortunately after my last holyday, I discovered there is one fault in the camera: photos fantastically sharp but with a clear too bright band.
Probably the shutter goes less fast quite at the end of his run.
Am I the first with this problem?
please, let me know what to do, thanks

G

Gian, Your Leicaflex SL is between 29 and 35 years old. It needs a trip to the repair shop for a cleaning, lubrication adn adjustment. Enjoy your wonderful new/old camera.
Happy Snaps,

G

> > in the camera: photos fantastically sharp but with a clear too bright band.[..

Gian Paolo,

Your camera needs to be seen by a qualified and experienced repairman. It most likely needs only to be cleaned, lubricated and adjusted.

G

Send it to Sherry Krauter or Leica Service Department (Gerald Wagner) who has maintained my SL and SL MOT like new for thirty years.

G

Does anybody know how to get a diopter correction for the SL/SL2?
Thanks

Juan

G

I own and use a black SL2 for many years and one of my favourite lens is the 180 apo Telyt 3.4 ( now discontinued )

Does anyone have a Extender 2R ( Model 11237 ) for sale?

J Low

G

This message is for Justin Scott

Can you please advise the full coordinates of Gerald Wagner and the Leica Service Center?

Thanks

J Low

G

Hi Joseph,

First of all let me dissuade you from a 2X Extender for your SL2 and 1:3,4/180 Apo-Telyt-R. I bought the same lens new on the recommendation of Eberhard Kuehne of Leitz to go with the Extender-R and the results were never particularly good. Leitz even exchanged the extender for another, but in the end I sold it. The Apo-Extender-R is an improvement but will not fit your combination.

Gerald Wagner,
Leica Camera AG,
Kundendienst,
Oskar-Barnack-Strasse 11,
Solms 35606
Germany

E-mail: TS@leica-camera.com

Best wishes,

Justin

G

Joseph Low,

Your emails to this list are not getting through, because you are not typing your messages in the brackets below. Also, it would help, if people would cut and paste some of the message they are replying to into the brackets. The terse answers can be confusing, if you are reading this list by email, and I have a hard time finding the posts directly in the website.

Thanks,

Sonny

G

gpmunzi

Hi all,
I have a problem with the exposimeter of my Leicaflex SL: to do correct photo with a 100 iso film, I have to set to the camera the 80 iso film.
that is ok with 100 iso but I am not sure if it is linear for the other kind of films.
It is possible to register the exposimeter?
Thanks and bye.

ps
SL is the best camera!!!!!

S

sdmjr

Gian Paolo, Since, the original mercury oxide batteries have been discontinued, I'll hazard a guess, you are used the newer slightly higher voltage batteries. (sorry, I can't remember the designation numbers) You can have your camera's meter adapted for the new batteries, or get an aadapted/converter. However, if it is a consistent 1/3 of a stop difference, why bother? Just leave the camera at 80 iso. Happy Snaps, Sal

G

gpmunzi

Hi Sal,
thanks for the attention.
Do you think I can do the same reduction of 1/3 stop also for 50 iso or 400 iso?
Thanks

R

rhpictures

Can anyone share their SL/MOT, SL2/MOT + MOTOR experiences? Am thinking about finding one. Thanks.
RH.

S

sdmjr

At one point, I had and used on an almost daily basis, three SL2-MOTs and one SL-MOT all with motors. Since then, I have sold two of the SL2-MOTs They are strong, HEAVY, and durable. You could pound nails with them (I did once). I never really trusted the built-in meters. The motors can be touchy. At any time, the would just jam up. The head of Leica USA repair, taught me how to open the motor and clear a jam. Today, I use R camera with motors & R8s with winders because they are lighter and less problematic. I keep an SL-MOT and SL2-MOT for backups and some remote control work. Happy Snaps, Sal

R

rhpictures

Interesting these SL Leicas. When they were "current" nobody wanted them, considered them "old fashioned and over priced" and nicknamed them "diesels". And so like the idiot that I was I too followed the herd and bought Nikon Fs and used them for years. Then one day I looked through the viewfinder of an especially clean standard Leicaflex. Wow ! Couldn't believe the brilliance and clarity! And the feel of that film advance lever! What had I been thinking? Needless to say it wasn't long before I located and purchased a lovely black SL (three weeks later as I recall) and I haven't looked back since. As Michael Murphy says,"those of us who know need not comment". Are the SLs by chance the best kept secret in 35mm ???? Might very well be.
RH.