DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Hi!

Macolive

Hi! I have been lacking in sleep for about a month dreaming about taking the jump into MF and getting a Hassy 503cw or 501 cm.

I know I'm going to do it but just waiting for the right time. Anyways, I hope to learn from you guys.

Welcome here Macolive.

Is not it about time you took care of your health and found yourself a nice kit?

A decent kit does not need to cost more than a lens for those digi thingies.

Do not forget to look at the classified section for chances to get a used Hasselblad.

Paul

Hahaha! You're right. My health should be important to me.

I live in the Philippines and I would like to get the camera from Hong Kong. I don't think there are any qualified technicians here who can service a Hassy so I want to make sure I can get it services in Hong Kong.

I just haven't had a chance to go. I will also be traveling to the US in the spring and I may pick up some lenses through KEH or classified ads.

Thanks!
Michael

Philippines? Tagalog or Besaya?

I lived there too about till ten years ago just before it became tricky with Abu Sayef.

Went back to Europe and am planning to go back to see what is left of what I helped built ten years ago.

Paul

Cool! Helped Build? What were you doing in the Phils?

I'm born and raised in Manila so that makes me Tagalog.

I designed and supervised the infrastructure for a holiday resort in the south of the Philippines. (Mindanao)

A powerplant with 800 Kw and power distrubution system and a water purification plant etc.
To ensure good maintenance I trained local staff to service and repair the installations.
So far everthing is reported to work fine.

I enjoyed my years in the Philippines very much but have not seen chance yet to go back and see what the situation is now.
Political instability in the south is also a factor to keep in mind.

Paul

Hello again! I am happy to announce that I have now been put out of my misery and am the proud owner of a 503cw millenium edition!

Now I have to buy film take photos.....add lenses, filters, a scanner maybe? Maybe the misery isn't over yet.

Look at it as an adventure that will have unexpected developments.
A lens plan based on special wishes and focal length of the lenses.will be a good help.

Scanning is an art that needs to be learned.
The choice of a scanner and its software will determin absolute quality while good skills are equally important for the end result.

Look at it as an adventure that will have unexpected developments.
A lens plan based on special wishes and focal length of the lenses.will be a good help.

Scanning is an art that needs to be learned.
The choice of a scanner and its software will determin absolute quality while good skills are equally important for the end result.

Thanks! Looking forward to the journey. Hope to share soon.

You will love your new MF equipment. To my mind there is nothing comparable, Hasselblad is the absolute best. Look forward to seeing some shots soon.

Back