DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

"Becoming Bert Stern" Documentary - sound design

FilterDecay

Hello all,

Please pardon me if this is in the wrong place. I am a sound designer and have been tasked with working on this documentary. I am after the cameras that Bert Stern used so that i can record all of the sounds they make for authenticity and design reasons. In the research I have done so far I am pointed to Graflex, nikon 35mm and hasselblad 500cm. I was wondering if collectively you knew of other cameras he has used and if there was any way to source these cameras in the Los Angeles area and have them come into the studio located in Santa Monica for recording of effects. I would be able to offer a secial thanks in the credits to whoever helped me source and operate these cameras. The entire in studio process wouldnt take more then 2 hours.

Thank you

He took the famous advertising shot of the Pyramid of Giza inverted in the Martini Glass, with a Hasselblad 1000F, which is alot earlier camera than the 500C/M.

Thank you for that info. I will add it to my list as that was an important photo for sure :)

Again if anyone knows anyone in La please forward this to them.

I would not mind coming over with a 1600F, 1000F 500C early 500C late 500 CM, 503 CW to give you a chance to record these cameras.

Just send me a roundtrip ticket Düsseldorf-LA and book the Ramada for me!

Paul

London Heathrow to LA would be cheaper - you could record my 1000F ;-)

I'll even forego the Ramada and go with Holiday Inn; saving even more money!

lol I wish I had that kind of budget :) I would most def. take you up on that.

I have got an excellent Nokia mobile.
Why not give me a call and I will transmit all camera sounds by telephone.
With digital sound processing it should not be a problem to correct the influence from limited bandwith and low dynamic range.:daumenhoch_smilie:

Paul

Back