CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Slipon lens caps available


Active Member
Hi. I have the 35mm planar with the appropriate lens hood. I also got a snap on cap with it, but I want a slip on one. I thought I had seen a picture of a metal one, similar to the Leica chrome lens caps, but I may have been imagining it. Do they exist? If not, what diameter would I look for in a generic one?


Neil Baylis


Well-Known Member
A 57mm plastic slip on lens cap should fit over the lens hood attached = to the lens.



Active Member
> Thanks, Stuart. I knew I'd seen this somewhere. I just ordered one > from B&H. The snap-in one I have is apparently for the 21mm lens, but happens to fit the regular hood. It's a GK-51. Neil.