DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Any 7D or 7D Mark II Users on this New Forum

ken53

I know its early in this DPR transition but lets not forget out in the field is where the fun is. Our 7Ds are not like some of the newer superior mirrorless bodys but mine still gets me to smile when out with it.
How is everyone's 7D holding up? Whats your favorite settings? Anybody own the a 7D and a 90D and want tell us how they compare?
Right now we seem to have this category all to our selves. LOL.
Thanks for reading.

Since I have little to no interest in a mirrorless body, I suppose my 7DII will be my last camera.
Thats how I feel at this time. I am 69 and my 7Dii has treated me well. This may be my last body. Time will tell. I don't dispute the mirrorless design being superior in many ways. Software is now advanced enough to take a lot of the work away of the human interaction. Especially with action shots.

I still have my 7D II, I'll use it for birding with my long tele but otherwise the R6 will be my go-to. I will migrate the 7D II to a crop mirrorless at some point. Not sure it will be the R7, the DSLR is working fine for now so I'll wait and see what the R7 II brings.

Mark

I still have my 7D II, I'll use it for birding with my long tele but otherwise the R6 will be my go-to. I will migrate the 7D II to a crop mirrorless at some point. Not sure it will be the R7, the DSLR is working fine for now so I'll wait and see what the R7 II brings.

Mark
The higher end mirrorless bodies seem to have a superior focusing system for BIF. With Canon's history of trickling out upgrades, I will bet the R7II will be well worth the wait.

In the meantime, knock on wood, my 7DII is holding its own and showing no signs of aging.

Mark
Hi Mark
I am betting the R7II will be a hit. For now it sounds like you have two winning bodies to cover most anything.

Several months back decided it was time to move to 7DII.
Before that used 40D that i got in 2012 aka The End Of The World.
Before that 7 runs around Sol with 30D.

Thus The Math or Supreme Creator or Whatever says i will use this 7DII for 11years devided by 7 years times 11 years = 17,28571429 years.

Awesome optical viewfinder!

Thanks, apsc4ever for the reply. I agree with the viewfinder. Big, bright, with all the information one could ask for. Add the great focusing of the 7DII and its a hard camera to retire.

Back