DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

20mm New

I also got the 20mm Minolta lense. It is the worst Lense I got. Not sharp up to aperture 8. This Lense is not worth the money. It could be it is a s&le from a bad produktion day. But for this money it should not happen.

> Fritz Müller (Picturetaker) wrote: I also got
> the 20mm Minolta lense. It is the worst Lense
> I got. Not sharp up to aperture 8. This Lense
> is not worth the money. It could be it is a
> s&le from a bad produktion day. But for this
> money it should not happen.

---

Minolta AF 20mm f/2.8?

In my experience, a splendid, sparkling lens. This is the one I picked up in my first experiences of the MADM9 Minolta Alpha
Dynax Maxxum 9 camera when it was announced. It was like not holding a camera in front of my face the image was so
clear and accurate, and I saw exactly what I saw with the naked eye through the viewfinder. No camera. No lens. Just
image!

I'll take it! ;-)

Sharpness isn't everything!

Appropriateness is all, and if you want sharpness over other criteria (what are your other criteria, by the way?), you may
have to try something else (what will you try, by the way?).

Will you return it?

What will you try instead?

Now I'm using a new Tokina (Cosina made?) AF 19-35mm f/3.5-4.5 and I'm pleased, but the additional 0.64 stops of speed,
no zoom range, and additional cost of the Minolta AF 20mm f/2.8 are inappropriate for me at the moment, though I picked up
a used Minolta AF 24mm f/2.8 for a song recently!

I'm curious to see your images, though over the internet, "sharpness" is NOT assessable, eh?

Keep us informed on what you do with the lens!

Click!

Love and hugs,

Peter Blaise Monahon
Minolta Vivitar Tamron Fujifilm Ilford Kodak Adobe Hewlett Packard et cetera Photographer
peterblaise@yahoo.com
http://www.peterblaisephotography.com/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/minolta-lenses/

-------

Is it just me, or is there a language where "lens" is spelled "lense"? ;-)

Back