DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

M11 Monochrome

ATM can be robbed and it's tiny! :LOL: One of my favorite Disney carries below as are the PEN-F and M9 + 50 cron. The flexibility to crop from 28mm to 50mm is helpful. I think everyone is looking forward to the 61MP Sony sensor in the Q3 (fingers crossed).

Q2 v PenF.jpeg

The Q2 has by some distance been my best photography purchase. Yes it’s expensive but I use it so much. When I also think about the money I’ve spent on equipment and then rarely used I consider the Q2 value for money.

When I also think about the money I’ve spent on equipment and then rarely used I consider the Q2 value for money.

That is a very good point.

The Q2 has by some distance been my best photography purchase. Yes it’s expensive but I use it so much. When I also think about the money I’ve spent on equipment and then rarely used I consider the Q2 value for money.
You can always sell the unused equipment for the new camera.

I like my M9, M Monochrom, and M8 too much to be swayed by the new camera. I spend A LOT on lenses, but tend to get ones that can sell for more than I paid for them. I sold some of them to pay for the M9 and M Monochrom when they were new. $4K spent on the lenses translated to $15K to buy the cameras.

Nikkor5cmF15_Sonnar by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

These, and the UAT, would pay for an M11.

Last edited:
I thought the same. Only 2 things hold me back atm. The price and the size. :cautious:
If you insist on having a pocketable camera, then the Q2 is not for you. From my standpoint, the size is perfect—not too big, not too small.

Back