DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Summicron 50mm f2

> > if you reply by e-mail, please stick to the topics. M50/2 comments in > the M50/2 threads, C3 comments in the C3 thread etc.

Yes, I am sorry, I changed the subject, but the original one came back!

- marc

Justin, my 50 cron's number is 19682xx. It looks like the 50th anniversary one. Any idea? Thank.

Dear Yang,

It a 1963 lens, I assume not the 'dual-range' Summicron.

This was the second optical design and IMHO a fabulous lens. Smooth, very high resolution and not as contrasty as the latest.

Hope you have a lot of good results with it.

Justin

It a 1963 lens, I assume not the 'dual-range' Summicron.

This was the second optical design and IMHO a fabulous lens. Smooth, very high resolution and not as contrasty as the latest.

Hope you have a lot of good results with it.

Justin -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Justin. I agree with you on Leica lenses' development. Recently I compared my 1st version tele-elmarit 90 with the latest Elmarit 90. I found that the late one is more contrasty. When I showed people pictures taken by this 50 cron, they said it showed best 3D image.

Anybody ever compare this lens with other versions?

Yang,

Do you still have the 1st version Tele-Elmarit?

In my experience it has wonderful 3D qualities.

Regards,

Justin

I recently got a Leica 50 mm f/2 lens(#3908XXX). It's a great lens optically, but I have been having a problem lately with the focusing ring. It feels right on the infinity side, but when I try focusing from 2.5 feet to 5 feet it's noticably harder to turn and seems to drag and/or stick a bit. The lens focusing was fine when I first got it, and I've really taken care of it.

This lens is still under warranty. I'm probably going to wind up sending it to Leica for inspection, but I'd like to ask if anyone has an idea of what the cause might be. Has anyone in the forum ever had a problem with a lens sticking due to heat & humidity?

When I recently bought my 50mm. Summicron Dual range (1961) had the same problem. Had it cleaned and greased by a good repair shop and now it is much smoother . I live in a hot but dry climate .... though I bought the lense from the U.K.

Hello to all!

Does anyone know if Leica plans to release a 50 mm Summicron Asph in line with the new Summilux ?

Thank you

Fernando

Back