DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Advise on price please

mjimenez

Hello,
I am very willing to become owner of a leica, (currently with contax s2). I found an m6 with summicron 50/2 at 1800USD, Is that a good price, please gimme your feedback, it would help me to make myself clear about that !
Thanks,
Marcos

Marcos,

Are you going to be selling your S2 as I may be in the market for another Contax Body. My second CX body is currently a 139Q which is getting a bit old. You can contact me through forum if this is of any interest. Wilson

Welcome Marcos,

A bit on the high side in my opinion even if in mint condition.

Regards,

Justin

Marcos,
Before buying used, I have been useful to check the prices of keh.com, a reputable dealer that offers 60 day warranty and is conservative in its grading.
Good luck,

Juan

Marcos,
prices vary,it depends on the place where you live and conditions
Here in Italy a M6 mint condition plus 50mm summicron cost about 2000 euros which is about
USD $ 2451

Well Thanks to all,
Its makes my ideas a bit more clear.

PS: to Wilson, yes I'll probably will be selling my S2, but not before I switch to Leica, I'll let you know.

Marcos,

If that's a TTL model... the price isn't too, too bad at all.

If that's not a TTL model... the price may be about $200 too high.

Cheers

Its not a TTL,

Are there any known weaknesses at which I should look at, i.e know issues to verify particularly ?
Thanks

Marcos,

The TTL model is important if you're going to be using lots of flash in your work. If not... it's not a big issue.

I use the Classic version and find it fine for my style of shooting. Most Leica M users tend not to use flash anyway... however, for the odd time, it could be a useful feature to measure the light TTL.

It's akin to Leica M users not using excessively long lenses...a 90 is "usually" the longest lens most folks shoot with. But, there are "those" times where a 135 would come in handy.

So, the bottom line is... it depends on what "your" needs are.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Back