DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

How difficult could it be to put 2sec timer into NX

D

dormant

While reading the recent review of Pentax *ist on popphoto, one thing made me pull my hair out in green envy...that darndest small thing had a 2-sec timer accompanied by mirror pre-fire! That feature was deliberately cut from NX to make it a "junior" model. Seriously, how difficult could it be to implement it? A few more lines of code in the ROM chip?!

Man, why couldn't Contax come up with a body that had both a built-in flash and mirror pre-fire? Don't make me choose one over the other!

Man! no matter how unhappy you are with contax (see all the past history in this site) as long as you are in love with CZ lenses, I am afraid you have to use their body. Every company has their own mean to survive.
Anyway, N1 is a good body, I often use the 2sec mirror lock and I like it very much.
by the way, for the build in flash in Nx, can you adjust the strength of the flash?

<<for the build in flash in Nx, can you adjust the strength of the flash?>>

Certainly. Without that a built-in flash isn't much of anything to clamour for.

Basically, with multiple exposure and a 2 sec-timer NX would have been a nearly perfect "junior" model. I can live without vertical grip, though sometimes I wish I could use 4 AA batteries (rechargeable) rather than those expensive CR2s.

I hadn't realised the N1 had a mirror lock up feature (even if it is in the self-timer mode)
Does this also stop the iris diaphragm down?
Colin

How far can the build-in flash reach? I am a N1 user and I am thinking about a second back-up body, is Nx a good choice? I don't like the touch and feel for Nx
Ben

<<I am a N1 user and I am thinking about a second back-up body, is Nx a good choice? I don't like the touch and feel for Nx>>

Another N1 is probably a better choice. You already like N1, and you don't need to learn a new user-interface.

Back