CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Sony NEX-Contax G adapter

dirk

CI-Founder
I am currently testing different adapters on my Sony NEX 5. One no name (was crap and I sent it immediatly back), one Fotodiox and 2x Kipon Contax -G adapters.

There is a new version out of the Kipon adapter. The new one has no spaces between the riffles anymore. Compare the pictures.

CIMG2303.jpg

CIMG2304.jpg

CIMG2305.jpg

CIMG2306.jpg

CIMG2307.jpg

CIMG2308.jpg

Although all the adapters are looking almost identical, they are not. The focusing does not get smoothy with some. I did not try yet the adapter from metabones. I find it too expensive. And I read on the internet, that the focusing ring is too big and disturbs the fingers while holding the NEX.

dirk

CI-Founder
...and here some pictures to get an impression how small the combination Contax G lenses on Sony NEX is. I put each time a different G-lens on the NEX. And also a comparison shot with the Fuji X100 side by side...

CIMG2309.jpg

CIMG2310.jpg

CIMG2311.jpg

CIMG2312.jpg

CIMG2313.jpg

CIMG2314.jpg