DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Mostly here for the Sigma talk

But I'm also interested in astrophotography (AP), and making big - real big - landscape panoramas. For those, I generally use a Pentax K-1, with pixel-shift and focus-stacking. I also like the Pentax for AP because the controls are well laid out and easy to use in the dark.

I've been looking for a small, light travel camera to replace my ageing Sigma DP Merrills, and have settled on an Olympus E-M5III. I was more than a little skeptical about M43 cameras, but so far, so good.

David
my photos online: pbase.com/davidwright2000

Thanks.
Now, how about an "Abstract" forum? There was none in DP Review, and so there is none here, but it'd be nice.

A crop from a single image of a natural (organic) object, with colors manipulated:

IMG_1697-detail2.jpg

David

We are discussing atm the forum structure internally. We will probaly do a survey today or tomorrow to get a better feeling what is in the highest demand.

Welcome David, from SE Wisconsin!
I like your photos!

I was a Pentax fan for a long time; they really put a lot of thought into their designs. Now, I'm shooting M43 (EM10.3) and FF. (Nikon Z5)

For a travel camera, an Olympus E-PL camera with the Zuiko pancake motor zoom lens might be a good option; it's a great little lens for daytime. Then a 17/1.8 for when night falls.

Enjoy your stay.

Back