DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Slide projection suggestions

G

I'd be interested in hearing fom anyone who has figured out how to do justice to projected Zeiss 'chromes.

So far, I think I've deternined that single-AN-glass is the best mount compromise. But my Kodak projector, even with Schneider lens, is dissapointing. Besides, it 'cooks' the slides!

Is Leica (or something else) significantly better? If so, which models and how/why? My application is home use only, nothing elaborate.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Dan

> Hi Dan,

I use two Leica Pradovit P 600 IR projectors each with a Leica Vario-Elmarit P2 f2.8 70-120mm projection zoom lens. I couple them with a Leica DU-24 M2 manual dissolve unit. The great thing about the Pradovit 600s is their ability to take either straight or carousel magazines. I have a 60-inch screen, and my transparencies look terrific from a range of around 12 feet, although with the zoom lenses, I can project all the way down an auditorium (small) when I am lecturing. Hope this helps. Robin

Robin

Glad you didn't suggest anything elaborate ;-) Sounds like a great setup.

Dan, I use a lowly Leica Pradovit 150IR with a 90 f/2 Colorplan lens. My Zeiss chromes look great, but you really need to get the Colorplan lens rather than use the one that comes with the projector.

I use a Rolleiflex twin-lens projector from the 1970s with Rollei lenses that does dissolves beautifully. I had it rebuilt by Rollei a couple of years ago and it perks along famously. The lenses are really good. I get about the same results without dissolves with a lighter and more portable Kindermann. I think good lenses are important, but even more important is the screen. Unless I simply cannot get the room quite dark, I use a matte white screen rather than my other one, a lenticular. The matte screen shows much more detail and contrast, and my Zeiss slides from last year's trip to Britain really pop out on the screen.

Who has expierence with old Zeiss Ikon profektors and objektives. Which one I can use.

I use a Leitz Pradovit Color projector for my 35mm work, and am looking for a similar quality medium format projector to show my Contax 645 slides. Any suggestions, experiences. Eg. Rollei Dual 66, Hasselblad, Kindermann, etc.
Colin

Can anyone help me with my request of October 8th
regarding MF projectors.
For ex&le, would a Rollie Dual 66 with the latest Rollie lens be much better than an old P11 and lenses of the same vintage?
Colin

Since I have a G2 my old slide projector was disappointing in quality. I recently bought a Leits Pradovit 300 IR with a Super Colorplan 2.5/90 mm lens projected on a 80 inch screen viewed from about 4 meters and the results are stunning.
This combo is absolutely on par with the Contax system quality (and price) wise.

Hope this helps anybody.

Marc-paul

Dan, I realize I'm a little late to the party but which Kodak projector are you using? The Kodak Pro Ektagraphic E-IIIs have better cooling than the Carosel models. Are you using a flat field Schneider lens with your glass mounts? I have some Schneider Pro-Cinelux X/Y PC lenses that are superb Velvia slides in glass mounts which were shot with the 100 Makro.

I have recently purchased a Braun Novamat 2000AF slide projector/viewer. I must say that I have not been pleased with the autofocus after the first frame. I contacted the US importer of this product and he told me that I need glass mounts for my slides. I don't want to sound uneducated, but what are these exactly. I have never heard of glass mounts. Is it something you specify when the slide film is processed? I might add that I am displeased that I was not forwarned in the literature that I received about this projector.

Help!

Ron

Back