DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

SL SL2

This message is for Justin Scott

Can you please advise the full coordinates of Gerald Wagner and the Leica Service Center?

Thanks

J Low

Hi Joseph,

First of all let me dissuade you from a 2X Extender for your SL2 and 1:3,4/180 Apo-Telyt-R. I bought the same lens new on the recommendation of Eberhard Kuehne of Leitz to go with the Extender-R and the results were never particularly good. Leitz even exchanged the extender for another, but in the end I sold it. The Apo-Extender-R is an improvement but will not fit your combination.

Gerald Wagner,
Leica Camera AG,
Kundendienst,
Oskar-Barnack-Strasse 11,
Solms 35606
Germany

E-mail: TS@leica-camera.com

Best wishes,

Justin

Joseph Low,

Your emails to this list are not getting through, because you are not typing your messages in the brackets below. Also, it would help, if people would cut and paste some of the message they are replying to into the brackets. The terse answers can be confusing, if you are reading this list by email, and I have a hard time finding the posts directly in the website.

Thanks,

Sonny

Hi all,
I have a problem with the exposimeter of my Leicaflex SL: to do correct photo with a 100 iso film, I have to set to the camera the 80 iso film.
that is ok with 100 iso but I am not sure if it is linear for the other kind of films.
It is possible to register the exposimeter?
Thanks and bye.

ps
SL is the best camera!!!!!

Gian Paolo, Since, the original mercury oxide batteries have been discontinued, I'll hazard a guess, you are used the newer slightly higher voltage batteries. (sorry, I can't remember the designation numbers) You can have your camera's meter adapted for the new batteries, or get an aadapted/converter. However, if it is a consistent 1/3 of a stop difference, why bother? Just leave the camera at 80 iso. Happy Snaps, Sal

Hi Sal,
thanks for the attention.
Do you think I can do the same reduction of 1/3 stop also for 50 iso or 400 iso?
Thanks

Can anyone share their SL/MOT, SL2/MOT + MOTOR experiences? Am thinking about finding one. Thanks.
RH.

At one point, I had and used on an almost daily basis, three SL2-MOTs and one SL-MOT all with motors. Since then, I have sold two of the SL2-MOTs They are strong, HEAVY, and durable. You could pound nails with them (I did once). I never really trusted the built-in meters. The motors can be touchy. At any time, the would just jam up. The head of Leica USA repair, taught me how to open the motor and clear a jam. Today, I use R camera with motors & R8s with winders because they are lighter and less problematic. I keep an SL-MOT and SL2-MOT for backups and some remote control work. Happy Snaps, Sal

Interesting these SL Leicas. When they were "current" nobody wanted them, considered them "old fashioned and over priced" and nicknamed them "diesels". And so like the idiot that I was I too followed the herd and bought Nikon Fs and used them for years. Then one day I looked through the viewfinder of an especially clean standard Leicaflex. Wow ! Couldn't believe the brilliance and clarity! And the feel of that film advance lever! What had I been thinking? Needless to say it wasn't long before I located and purchased a lovely black SL (three weeks later as I recall) and I haven't looked back since. As Michael Murphy says,"those of us who know need not comment". Are the SLs by chance the best kept secret in 35mm ???? Might very well be.
RH.

Back