DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Cheap adapters are a waste of time

MaxBerlin

Even if they focus correctly they get around poor design and finish by brute force - meaning that you're putting undue stresses on your expensive lenses each time you put a lens on or take it off.

I bought a Novoflex to hold my precious Zeiss glass to my Nex 7 and it works great. Having bought a cheap Leica adapter and a dozen issues I have just ordered the Novoflex Nex/Lem.

PS - the cheap one wouldn't focus on anything past 20-ft.

I'll be just as hard on the Novoflex if it doesn't come through.

Cheap adaptors

Yes, quality over quantity, that's what I tell my wife about the glass on her LH 3rd finger.

Hallo,
i am interested in your experiences. I am thinking about buying a sony nex 5n, panasonic G3 or the new Olympus m5D for my "old" glasses.
My setup
Contax 167MT Contax Aria
Tokina 3,5/17mm
Zeiss 2,8/28mm
Zeiss 1,7/50mm
Zeiss Makro 2,8/60mm C
Zeiss 2,8/135mm
Maginon 8,0/500mm, das Rohr
Tokina AT-X 3,5-4,5/28-85
Tokina SMZ/RMC 4,5/80-200

Would all my Zeiss-Lenses work with the adapter? What could be a matter?

Actually i am using most the Panasonic FX30 especially on tours and with my children.
It's a lot easier with digital for me. I don't have to go to the shop to get the pictures on CD. They are immidiatly on my notebook.

But i would be sorry for my cameras.
Perhaps you could suggest me a good way.

Sorry for my english
Sandra

Hi Sandra

I am using the Zeiss c/y glass with a Novoflex adapter and a Sony Nex7.

The Z glass is a little heavy so I am experimenting with Leica M glass at least for travel situations.

I will probably still always have my Zeiss vario W/A zoom and a 50mm 1.4

I like close ups of objects and dark scenes. Here's some linen I took with NEX7 and Zeiss 85 1.2 - no matter what keep your Zeiss glass and make that the core of what you do.

I also have the 167mt and enjoy using it when I shoot film. I like it more than my m3/m6 when it comes to ease of use.

Max

Attachments

• Red Linen S.JPG
    EXIF
    Red Linen S.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 7
Back