DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Kodak DCS Zeiss CY

A

antonyb

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has tried the Kodak DCS dSLR (which I believe is full frame) in its canon fit incarnation with a canon->zeiss adaptor?

Antony

hey no prob. something to add to the list to be investigated :eek:)

Or stay away from
biggrin.gif

aha! an opinion! ;o)

so if not "tested" in a kodak zeiss config, what are your thoughts on whether it should or should not even be considered as an option?

Understand this is an opinion without direct experience, but everything I have read have always steered me away from this camera during my quest for ND alternatives. I understand they improved it some, but that it still had some noticeable issues. Now Kodak has stopped production. It's been a while since I looked into it. DP Review probably has something on it.

I made a few shots in the store with my own CF card with a canon prime lens (forgot what it was.) The camera feel cheap (sigma made), response time is slow, usable ISO up to 400 ( I think it starts at 200 ISO). Even with the 1500 instant rebate at the time, it does not worth $3500. Unless you really need a full frame 12meg body for studio shot IMO. It is better off for me to stick with my ND and 1D2.

But then, that was only my brief experience with the camera.

On a 2nd note, the more I shoot with Canon body, the more I love my ND with AF CZ lens. Right now I don't care for C/Y lens on Canon body. If I want to shoot with CZ lens, I have eight AF lenses I can shoot with my ND, N1 and C645.

Marc, remember this N50mm f/1.4 lens?

374169.jpg

wow that is a great photo. as dj says superb colour and really nice DoF.
happy.gif

I opted for a new 20D in the end. with the EF-S 17-85mm IS USM lens. My camera quest adaptor is in the post.

I also just picked up a near mint leica M3 with 50mm f2 summicron, close up focusing set, leica light meter, all boxes, manuals and leather cases!

proud.gif

albert, why arent you enjoying you CZ on canon experience? seems contrary to 'popular' opinion..?

Back