DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Nikkor 24120mm vs Leica 2135mm

G

I had a Nikkor Zoom 24-120. After taking photos (in Yosemite) with both the Nikkor Zoom 24-120mm and the Contax 2,8/25mm, I immediately sold the Nikkor. Not even close! So I was wondering how you might think the Leica 21-35mm would compare with the Nikkor 24-120mm and the Contax 2,8/25mm? Do you think that it would be better than the Nikkor?

>Terrance,

Your not really comparing apples to apples here. The Nikkor zoom you describe is a consumer grade lens and you're comparing it to a Contax (Zeiss) prime lens. No wonder the contax kicks butt..

I don't know the leica zoom you're describing but again not in the same class to begin with so comparisions are meaningless. If you'd compare the 24-120 against the pro zooms of Nikon you'd find that the pro zooms are a hellova lot better as well.

Back