DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

I need a MC lens front element

K

ktm300nj

I have two MC lens's, 58-1.4 and 55-1.7, both Rokkor The front elements are trashed on both, some problem with cleaners etching the coating I guess. The rest of the elements and mechanics are in great shape. I suspect the coating on the front element (rear surface) had a different coating then the other groups.

What can I use to replace the front elements??

I suspect replacement lenses are the cheapest option, replacing elements would involve returning lenses to the factory,assuming they would actually do the work. is there any chance this is something your insurance would cover ?

Posted by Dennis Schiller (Ktm300nj) on Thursday, January 01, 2004 - 6:40 pm: > > I have two MC lens's, 58-1.4 and 55-1.7, both Rokkor The front > elements are trashed on both, some problem with cleaners etching the > coating I guess. The rest of the elements and mechanics are in great > shape. I suspect the coating on the front element (rear surface) had a > different coating then the other groups. > > What can I use to replace the front elements??

First make sure you dont mean your filters on the lenses wich are trashed, that could be replaced very easy. Otherwise get new ones. There is no way to replace the lens elements, even not on a Leica lense

Back